Contaminated mine tailings could be used on west bypass
About 500 acres of former mining land at Wildwood Ranch have been reclaimed by contractors working for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. More than 1 million cubic yards of contaminated mine tailings in the form of chat and waste rock have been consolidated in a surface repository that someday could be part of the roadbed for a limited-access highway that transportation planners hope to build on the west side of Joplin.Continued ...
- Joplin City Council to hear baseball plan details
- Money to area lawmakers slows down but doesn’t stop
- VIDEO: Cancer patient walks down aisle in wedding thrown by friends
- Contaminated mine tailings could be used on west bypass
Last two safe room projects up for Joplin School Board approval
The Joplin Board of Education during its meeting tonight will consider more than $2.4 million in bid packages for safe rooms at Columbia and West Central elementary schools.Continued ...
- Andra Bryan Stefanoni: Mosaic pieces together purpose
- Jo Ellis: Carthage Historic Preservation to re-create trolley era
- Susan Redden: Candidates for associate judge address GOP group
- Last two safe room projects up for Joplin School Board approval
Schremmer: Baseball team to get its name today
A quick rant through the week in sports:Continued ...
• It sure will be nice when Joplin’s independent minor league baseball team has a name.
- Tragedy makes return to Boston more important, local runners say
- Bronchos strike in ninth inning to sink Southern, capture series
- Southern's Emberton runs 800 provisional
- Schremmer: Baseball team to get its name today
5 features an Amazon phone might offer
A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a smartphone has prompted industry analysts and technology blogs to muse about what the device might offer.Continued ...
- How Chipotle’s average sales per restaurant rank compared with other chains
- US delays review of Keystone XL pipeline
- Oklahoma-based Sonic plans expansion over 10 years
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
The government’s latest report card on food poisoning shows a dip in salmonella cases but an increase in illnesses from bacteria in raw shellfish.Continued ...
- Judge in gay marriage case asks pointed questions
- Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find
- Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
- Death Notices