Donations helping JHS music programs rebuild after tornado
Building a repertoire for the Joplin School District’s orchestra program is a challenge for Kylee VanHorn. “Every time I get on the Internet and look at the music sites, there are so many pieces I want to purchase, and I just don’t have the money,” VanHorn said.Continued ...
- MSSU board approves settlement agreement with fired president
- Former Jasper County official's sentencing slated today in fraud charges
- Defendant chooses not to testify in Miami murder trial
- Donations helping JHS music programs rebuild after tornado
Missouri Southern art students to raise funds for Moore, Okla.
Throughout periods of historical change, art has always played an important role, Kahlief Steele contends. “A lot of art came out of the Renaissance period, and the same thing happened after the Great Depression,” said Steele, an art major who will start his junior year this fall at Missouri Southern State University.Continued ...
- City manager: CID owes Neosho $158,257
- Ground to be broken for Pittsburg project; 10 homes planned for moderate-income residents
- Mike Pound: Office space no place for litter box
- Missouri Southern art students to raise funds for Moore, Okla.
- Globe Video
Outlaws capitalize on Mudcats' mistakes in 18-1 win
An opportunistic Joplin Outlaws offense and a strong start from Adam Bax equaled a blowout victory Wednesday night and a series win over the Chillicothe Mudcats.Continued ...
- Missouri Southern football signs 11
- Poppe signs with Brewers organization
- MSSU's Reagan, Morgan to compete in USA Junior Outdoor
- Outlaws capitalize on Mudcats' mistakes in 18-1 win
Stock market falls as traders fear stimulus cuts
Stocks are falling after the Federal Reserve gave a slightly more optimistic outlook for the U.S. economy, which investors took as a hint that the bank was nearer to a decision to reduce its economic stimulus program.Continued ...
- Top UK court overturns sanctions on Iranian bank
- Netflix to expand to Netherlands later this year
- World Bank highlights climate-poverty link
- Stock market falls as traders fear stimulus cuts
Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
Former investigators are pushing to reopen the probe into the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 off the coast of New York, saying new evidence points to the often-discounted theory that a missile strike may have downed the jumbo jet.Continued ...
- Traffic returns to Washington bridge that collapsed
- Investors look for answers on economy from Fed
- Utah man shot in church upgraded to fair condition
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Death Notices