MSSU student to attend posthumous awarding of honor for grandfather
As Missouri Southern State University student Savannah Schwab, unable to sleep, gazed out the window at a moonlit night from her bedroom in Fort Scott, Kan., her thoughts turned to her late grandfather. She had listened to an hour or so of the World War II veteran’s audio recordings that recounted his experiences as a member of the Army’s 3rd Infantry Division, 15th Infantry Regiment.Continued ...
- Last defendant sentenced in Pittsburg slaying
- Missouri House advances 72-hour waiting period on abortions in state
- St. Mary’s students get taste of opera from Tulsa troupe
- MSSU student to attend posthumous awarding of honor for grandfather
Pitt State to kick off Community Campaign
Pittsburg State University is gearing up to launch its annual Community Campaign today at the Wilkinson Alumni Center. Shane Kannarr, campaign co-chairman, said he hopes the community will become involved because of the university’s role as a “huge economic driver” in Pittsburg and Southeast Kansas. He also said Pitt State turns out graduates who settle in the area and become the region’s newest entrepreneurs and innovators.Continued ...
- FEMA projects, bond issue, school officer discussed by Neosho School Board
- Video of proposal at Webb City High lands couple in ‘Today Show’ contest
- Mike Pound: Monocle becomes the latest spectacle
- Pitt State to kick off Community Campaign
Stocks settle down after big swings on Ukraine
Calm returned to the stock market Wednesday after two days of volatile trading.Continued ...
- 2-year extension offered for canceled health plans
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise
- US companies spend heavily on big mergers in 2014
- Stocks settle down after big swings on Ukraine
20 homes remain uninhabitable after NJ explosion
Twenty or more homes remained uninhabitable Wednesday at a town house development where a gas leak led to an explosion a day earlier, killing one person and injuring seven workers, as authorities sought to establish the ignition point but said they may never be able to do so.Continued ...
- Two years later, Congress poised to undo flood law
- US taking steps to help NATO allies in Europe
- Republican group shows support for gay marriage
- 20 homes remain uninhabitable after NJ explosion
- Death Notices