Funding shortfall could hinder public transportation in Southeast Kansas
For the past two years, Pittsburg State University sophomore Travis Cook has been using public transportation to get to and from his classes. He began using the bus his freshman year, when he didn’t have a vehicle to drive even to the grocery store — which is said to be the case for many who use the service.Continued ...
- Bruner denied change of venue for murder trial
- Russell family sues city, Joplin police
- Kansas Regents stick with social media policy
- Funding shortfall could hinder public transportation in Southeast Kansas
Embezzler from Joplin car dealerships sent to prison
A federal judge has sentenced Kathryn M. Stayton to 13 months in prison for embezzling more than $100,000 from Frank Fletcher Ford and Credit Cars of Joplin. U.S. District Judge Greg Kays assessed the 36-year-old Joplin woman the prison term at a sentencing hearing this week in federal court in Springfield. The judge also ordered the former controller at both car dealerships to pay restitution totaling $121,249. 51.Continued ...
- Screening of MSSU presidential applicants to wrap by end of April
- Teams from Carl Junction, Diamond advance in Destination Imagination
- Neosho Dogwood Tour reset, after false start
- Embezzler from Joplin car dealerships sent to prison
Smith wiggles out of jams as Eagles down Wildcats
When Joplin starter Kealin Smith wasn’t shooting bullets from the batter’s box, he was dodging them on the pitcher’s mound.Continued ...
- Sarcoxie archers set sights on Kentucky after winning consecutive state titles
- Graham single lifts Southern past Bronchos
- Lions' Schott breaks 10K school record
- Smith wiggles out of jams as Eagles down Wildcats
5 features an Amazon phone might offer
A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a smartphone has prompted industry analysts and technology blogs to muse about what the device might offer.Continued ...
- How Chipotle’s average sales per restaurant rank compared with other chains
- US delays review of Keystone XL pipeline
- Oklahoma-based Sonic plans expansion over 10 years
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
The government’s latest report card on food poisoning shows a dip in salmonella cases but an increase in illnesses from bacteria in raw shellfish.Continued ...
- Judge in gay marriage case asks pointed questions
- Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find
- Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
- Death Notices