Volunteers spend week providing camp experience to foster youths
Karen McGlamery is a massage therapist. Terri Falis-Cochran is a finance manager. Jane McCaulley is a retired art teacher. But for a week each summer, the three are among dozens of area residents who become camp counselors.Continued ...
- Llama on the loose tours downtown Diamond
- Neosho school board hires company to manage substitutes
- Joplin school board reviews audit procedures
- Volunteers spend week providing camp experience to foster youths
Pseudoephedrine sales in Pittsburg to require prescription
Starting Friday, those who purchase pseudoephedrine and related products in Pittsburg will need a prescription to do so.Continued ...
- Cherokee County Commission accepts general counsel's resignation
- Mike Pound: Parents can get help with school supplies
- Jasper County Commission reviews traffic plans
- Pseudoephedrine sales in Pittsburg to require prescription
Zengel to start Zone 3 opener for Miners
Todd Lee, coach of the Joplin American Legion baseball team, said Tuesday that right-hander Austin Zengel will be the starting pitcher for the Miners on Thursday in the Zone 3 Tournament at Warrensburg.Continued ...
- Neosho's Silas Bohannan signs with Cardinals
- Webb City blanks Kentucky, earns No. 2 seed in softball regional
- Joplin South 12U wins Little League state title
- Zengel to start Zone 3 opener for Miners
Area residents pessimistic about state of the economy
Joplin’s employment rate is better than the statewide average, but many area residents “still feel like they’re in a recession,” an economist told a group of public officials and business leaders today.Continued ...
- Netflix tops 50M subscribers as 2Q earnings soar
- Detroit retirees back pension cuts by a landslide
- US stocks climb as earnings reports roll in
- Area residents pessimistic about state of the economy
Black colleges face hard choices on $25M Koch gift
America’s black colleges are struggling for funds. The Republican Party is struggling to attract black voters.Continued ...
- Democrats to unveil $2.7B bill on alien children
- Dueling rulings: Courts split on health law clash
- Pain of Atlantic City casino closings far-reaching
- Black colleges face hard choices on $25M Koch gift
- Death Notices