Nelson Mandela, 20th century colossus, dies at 95
Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world’s most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.Continued ...
- Irving pupils dazzled by room sizes, colors in new school building
- Manager of Carthage apartment complexes draws prison term
- UPDATED CANCELLATIONS: Organizations postpone parades, events in advance of expected winter storm
- Nelson Mandela, 20th century colossus, dies at 95
PSU to once again host Baja SAE competition
For the second time in four years, Pittsburg State University will host the Baja SAE-Kansas competition, which officials anticipate drawing several thousand competitors from across the U.S. and numerous countries.Continued ...
- Special prosecutor named in family’s beef with police
- Nature center’s interim director promoted
- Seven semifinalists selected for Crowder president
- PSU to once again host Baja SAE competition
- Globe Video
Both MSSU teams enter conference play with 5-1 records
As the MIAA basketball opener approaches, both Missouri Southern basketball teams are on a roll.Continued ...
- Joplin boys basketball ready to run
- Injuries to hurt Joplin's depth in opener
- Prep roundup: Balanced attack propels Carl Junction past Monett
- Both MSSU teams enter conference play with 5-1 records
Stocks struggle as investors weigh economic news
The stock market continued its sluggish start to the month on Wednesday.Continued ...
- Newsweek to start printing again next year
- EU fines global banks $2.3 billion for market rigging
- SPX selling stake in EGS Electric for $571 million
- Stocks struggle as investors weigh economic news
Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20 percent
Saying the government should lead by example, President Barack Obama is ordering the federal government to nearly triple its use of renewable sources for electricity by 2020.Continued ...
- Strain over security zone evident in Biden talks
- At 11th hour, Congress debates plastic gun ban
- NATO seeks clarity on troops in Afghanistan
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20 percent
- Death Notices