Cold weather, holidays raise risk for house fires
The combination of cold weather extremes and Christmas decorating should have residents watching out for fire danger. Improperly placed space heaters and overloaded electrical circuits are common causes for house fires when temperatures drop, and Christmas trees, burning candles and holiday decorating can increase the risk, fire officials said this week.Continued ...
- Couple’s quarrel ends in fatal shooting
- Southeast Kansas school board votes to close McCune school
- Baseball proposal draws support of city staff
- Cold weather, holidays raise risk for house fires
Con-Way raises $50,000 for Truckloads of Treasures
About 300 employees of Con-way Truckload, family members and friends went on a shopping spree at Target Tuesday night using $50,000 the company raised for its 20th annual Truckloads of Treasures campaign.Continued ...
- Appellate court rules in favor of Neosho TDD
- Mike Pound: MSSU basketball coach deserves accolades
- Commencement exercises set for MSSU, PSU, Crowder College
- Con-Way raises $50,000 for Truckloads of Treasures
- Globe Video
Corn to retire after 25th season at Missouri Southern
Robert Corn’s 25th season as men’s basketball coach at Missouri Southern will be his last.Continued ...
- Lions to name Boschee interim head coach
- Southwest Missouri well represented on all-state list
- Olathe South brings top seed to Joplin tourney
- Corn to retire after 25th season at Missouri Southern
California among states vying for Boeing jet plant
California is one of at least a half-dozen states vying for Boeing’s attention as the aircraft giant selects a production site for its new 400-seat 777X jetliner.Continued ...
- Czech brewer gets Budweiser trademark in Portugal
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service
- US stocks slump following disappointing earnings
- California among states vying for Boeing jet plant
Bipartisan budget deal sets off some grumbling
Backers of a narrowly drawn budget deal are selling it as a way to stabilize Congress’ shaky fiscal practices and mute some of the partisan rancor that has helped send lawmakers’ public approval ratings plummeting.Continued ...
- Pennsylvania students’ robotic arm can make you stronger
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20 percent
- Strain over security zone evident in Biden talks
- Bipartisan budget deal sets off some grumbling
- Death Notices