The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

March 14, 2013

Fire damages Neosho home; no injuries cited



NEOSHO, Mo. — A fire that caused about $9,000 worth of damage to a Neosho home Wednesday morning is believed to have been started by a cigarette discarded in a carport, according to city fire officials.

The Neosho Fire Department responded at 9:53 a.m. to a report of a fire in the 800 block of South High Street. Occupants were home at the time but escaped injury.

The fire destroyed an attached carport and storage shed, a bedroom and a portion of the house’s roofline before firefighters could get it put out. The remainder of the house sustained smoke damage.

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

Do you think Missouri should pass legislation that would allow a prescription drug database to be kept?

A. Yes.
B. No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Obama Offers Condolences at Dutch Embassy Cat Fans Lap Up Feline Film Festival Raw: Lawmakers Scuffle in Ukraine's Parliament The Rock Finds His Inner 'Hercules' Michigan Plant's Goal: Flower and Die Raw: MH17 Passenger Remains in Kharkiv, Ukraine Raw: Israel Hits Gaza Targets, Destroys Mosques ShowBiz Minute: Hoffman, Oberst, Box Office WWII Vet Gets Medals, 70 Years Late Raw: Israel Bombs Multiple Targets in Gaza Veteran Creates Job During High Unemployment Raw: Cargo Craft Undocks From Space Station Widow: Jury Sent Big Tobacco a $23B Message New Orleans Plans to Recycle Cigarette Butts UN Security Council Calls for MH 17 Crash Probe Obama Bestows Medal of Honor on NH Veteran Texas Sending National Guard Troops to Border Hopkins to Pay $190M After Pelvic Exams Taped Foxx Cites Washington 'Circus Mirror' NASA Ceremony Honors Moon Walker Neil Armstrong