The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

December 27, 2012

Fire ravages home on Pearl Avenue

JOPLIN, Mo. — A fire Wednesday afternoon that caused extensive damage to a house at 539 N. Pearl Ave. in Joplin is believed to have been caused by an electrical problem in the attic.

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a 4:13 p.m. report of a fire at the house occupied by Shannon Jagers and owned by Judy Carman.

Keith Stammers, public information officer for the Fire Department, said smoke was coming from the second floor of the residence as firefighters arrived. The fire caused enough damage to render the house uninhabitable, Stammer said. He said the fire is believed to have started with electrical arcing in the attic.

No injuries were reported.

 

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

What’s your favorite tree?

A. Maple
B. Oak
C. Dogwood
D. Redbud
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Raw: Obama Tours Gyeongbok Palace Swimmer Michael Phelps Back in Competition Raw: Obama Lays Korean War Memorial Wreath Obama Leads Naturalization Ceremony in Seoul Calif. School Bus Crash Hurts Driver, 11 Kids Country Club for Exotic Cars Little Science Behind 'Pollen Vortex' Prediction US Proposes Pay-for-priority Internet Standards Wife Mourns Chicago Doctor Killed in Afghanistan FDA Proposes Regulations on E-cigarettes Kerry Warns Russia of Expensive New Sanctions Mideast Peace Talks Stall on Hamas Deal Cody Walker Remembers His Late Brother Paul Grieving South Korea Puts Up Yellow Ribbons Raw: Kerry Brings His Dog to Work Raw: Girls Survive Car Crash Into Their Bedroom Three U.S. Doctors Killed by Afghan Security Yankees' Pineda Suspended 10 Games for Pine Tar Colleagues Mourn Death of Doctors in Afghanistan Ukraine Launches Operation Against Insurgents