Jasper County authorities made several arrests for alleged manufacturing of methamphetamine when a search warrant was served Tuesday at a residence on Fountain Road and when state child-welfare workers conducted an emergency visit Wednesday at an address on Pumpkin Lane.
The Jasper County Drug Task Force and Joplin narcotics officers took four people into custody on suspicion of manufacturing meth when they served the search warrant on West Fountain Road. Charges had yet to be filed in the case by late Wednesday afternoon. Joplin police said a firearm and some ammunition were seized in addition to drug-related evidence.
Similarly, charges have yet to be filed in the Wednesday morning arrests of two men and a woman by Jasper County sheriff’s deputies on Pumpkin Lane. The Sheriff’s Department said that a “shake-and-bake” meth lab, some finished product, pills, syringes and marijuana were seized at the address, and an 18-month-old child was removed from the home.
Felony drug charges have been filed in the following arrests by Joplin police.
• Brittany E. Dermid, 23, of Neosho, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after an officer stopped two people walking across private property near 31st Street and Indiana Avenue on Saturday and detained them on warrants. Dermid was in alleged possession of an alprazolam pill without a prescription.
• Teresa M. Bettis, 36, 531 S. Kentucky Ave., was charged with possession of a small bag of meth after an arrest early Friday in an alley near E Street and Wall Avenue.
• April L. Patterson, 23, of Miami, Okla., was charged with felony possession when some pills and meth residue allegedly were found Saturday during search of a vehicle after a traffic stop near Seventh Street and Byers Avenue.
• Natasha M. Garrison, 21, and Brandon W. Oakes, 20, both of 905 S. Monroe Ave., were charged with felony possession when two bags of meth allegedly were discovered in a vehicle that was stopped Sunday on West Seventh Street for a license plate violation.
• Gregory A. Dickerson, 50, was charged with manufacturing meth after a consent search of his home Sunday at 2028 S. Byers Ave., Apartment C.
- Crime & Courts
Monett residents hurt in accident in Barry County
Two residents of Monett were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 3:17 p.m. Tuesday on U.S. Highway 60, less than three miles west of Monett in Barry County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Fire extensively damages home; woman escapes
CARL JUNCTION, Mo. — The cause of a Tuesday morning fire that burned the roof of a home in Carl Junction remains undetermined.
Police probing possible case of felony assault
Joplin police are investigating a possible felony assault that landed a 63-year-old man in an intensive care unit at Freeman Hospital West.
Joplin Court Log
Joplin court log for July 29, 2014.
Three injured in car accident east of Noel
Three people were injured in a single-vehicle accident at 11:50 p.m. Sunday on Route H, two miles east of Noel in McDonald County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Joplin man tells police of being assaulted, robbed
A 34-year-old man reported being assaulted and robbed Saturday by two men he met at a Joplin bar.
Seneca man draws concurrent term in sexual abuse case
A 39-year-old man who sexually abused a girl over a four-year period in both Joplin and Seneca received a 15-year sentence Monday in Newton County that will run concurrently with a term he received earlier this year in Jasper County.
Defendant who pulled knife on ER doctor sent for treatment
A man accused of pulling a knife on a Freeman Hospital West emergency room doctor pleaded guilty to a reduced charge Monday and was sentenced to the state prison system’s Institutional Treatment Center.
Joplin Court Log
The Joplin court log for July 28, 2014
Joplin couple indicted on child pornography charges
A federal grand jury today indicted a Joplin couple for alleged sexual exploitation of a second child in addition to a girl who was the subject of a previous indictment of the husband for producing and distributing child pornography.
- More Crime & Courts Headlines
- Monett residents hurt in accident in Barry County