Jasper County authorities made several arrests for alleged manufacturing of methamphetamine when a search warrant was served Tuesday at a residence on Fountain Road and when state child-welfare workers conducted an emergency visit Wednesday at an address on Pumpkin Lane.
The Jasper County Drug Task Force and Joplin narcotics officers took four people into custody on suspicion of manufacturing meth when they served the search warrant on West Fountain Road. Charges had yet to be filed in the case by late Wednesday afternoon. Joplin police said a firearm and some ammunition were seized in addition to drug-related evidence.
Similarly, charges have yet to be filed in the Wednesday morning arrests of two men and a woman by Jasper County sheriff’s deputies on Pumpkin Lane. The Sheriff’s Department said that a “shake-and-bake” meth lab, some finished product, pills, syringes and marijuana were seized at the address, and an 18-month-old child was removed from the home.
Felony drug charges have been filed in the following arrests by Joplin police.
• Brittany E. Dermid, 23, of Neosho, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after an officer stopped two people walking across private property near 31st Street and Indiana Avenue on Saturday and detained them on warrants. Dermid was in alleged possession of an alprazolam pill without a prescription.
• Teresa M. Bettis, 36, 531 S. Kentucky Ave., was charged with possession of a small bag of meth after an arrest early Friday in an alley near E Street and Wall Avenue.
• April L. Patterson, 23, of Miami, Okla., was charged with felony possession when some pills and meth residue allegedly were found Saturday during search of a vehicle after a traffic stop near Seventh Street and Byers Avenue.
• Natasha M. Garrison, 21, and Brandon W. Oakes, 20, both of 905 S. Monroe Ave., were charged with felony possession when two bags of meth allegedly were discovered in a vehicle that was stopped Sunday on West Seventh Street for a license plate violation.
• Gregory A. Dickerson, 50, was charged with manufacturing meth after a consent search of his home Sunday at 2028 S. Byers Ave., Apartment C.