The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

February 13, 2013

Device malfunctions, prompts evacuation at MSSU building



A malfunctioning autoclave in Reynolds Hall at Missouri Southern State University brought the Joplin Fire Department to the campus on Wednesday, according to a university news release.

The autoclave, a piece of equipment that is used to sterilize medical implements, created a large amount of smoke, causing students to be evacuated for a short time.

The Fire Department determined that the smoke resulted from overheated wiring. There was no fire. Students returned to class after the situation was addressed.

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

Given that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that electronic devices and communications are protected from searches and seizure without a warrant, do you think Missouri needs Amendment 9 added to its constitution?

A. Yes.
B. No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue Raw: Corruption Trial Begins for Former Va Gov. The Carbon Trap: US Exports Global Warming UN Security Council Calls for Gaza Cease-fire Traditional African Dishes Teach Healthy Eating 13 Struck by Lightning on Calif. Beach Baseball Hall of Famers Inducted Israel, Hamas Trade Fire Despite Truce in Gaza Italy's Nibali Set to Win First Tour De France Raw: Shipwrecked Concordia Completes Last Voyage Raw: Sea Turtle Hatchlings Emerge From Nest Raw: Massive Dust Storm Covers Phoenix 12-hour Cease-fire in Gaza Fighting Begins Raw: Bolivian Dancers Attempt to Break Record Raw: Israel, Palestine Supporters Rally in US Raw: Air Algerie Flight 5017 Wreckage Virginia Governor Tours Tornado Aftermath Judge Faces Heat Over Offer to Help Migrant Kids Kangaroo Goes Missing in Oklahoma More M17 Bodies Return, Sanctions on Russia Grow