The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

February 13, 2013

Fire damages Carthage home; extension cord cited



CARTHAGE, Mo. — A malfunctioning extension cord caused a bedroom fire at 11:02 p.m. Tuesday in a house on Old 66 Boulevard, said Carthage fire Chief Chris Thompson.

Thompson said damage was confined to the one room of the house. There were no injuries.

The Fire Department was on the scene for about an hour.

The name of the owner wasn’t available.

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

Missouri's sales tax-free weekend begins Friday. Do you plan purchases around this weekend?

A. Yes.
B. No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Rescuers at Taiwan Explosion Scene Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN