The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

December 4, 2012

Firefighters say cause of house blaze electrical



A fire Sunday morning that caused extensive damage to a house in Joplin has been determined to have been electrical in origin.

Keith Stammer, public information officer for the Joplin Fire Department, said the fire in the 900 block of West A Street rendered the home of Randall Nally no longer habitable. But no injuries were reported, Stammer said.

Firefighters, who were called to the single-story home at 2:35 a.m. Sunday, encountered heavy fire and smoke in the attic. Crews remained on the scene until 5:45 a.m.

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

A Missouri Senate committee has adopted a state budget provision that would prevent public colleges and universities from offering in-state tuition rates to students living in the country illegally. Do you agree with this?

Yes.
No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
SKorea Ferry Toll Hits 156, Search Gets Tougher Video Shows Possible Syrian Gas Attack Cubs Superfans Celebrate Wrigley's 100th Raw: Cattle Truck Overturns in Texas Admirers Flock to Dole During Kansas Homecoming Raw: Erupting Volcanoes in Guatemala and Peru Alibaba IPO Could Be Largest Ever for Tech Firm FBI Joining Probe of Suburban NY 'Swatting' Call U.S. Paratroopers in Poland, Amid Ukraine Crisis US Reviews Clemency for Certain Inmates Raw: Violence Erupts in Rio Near Olympic Venue Raw: Deadly Bombing in Egypt Raw: What's Inside a Commercial Jet Wheel Well Raw: Obama Arrives in Japan for State Visit Raw: Anti-Obama Activists Fight Manila Police Motels Near Disney Fighting Homeless Problem Michigan Man Sees Thanks to 'bionic Eye' S.C. Man Apologizes for Naked Walk in Wal-Mart Chief Mate: Crew Told to Escape After Passengers