The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

December 4, 2012

Firefighters say cause of house blaze electrical


news@joplinglobe.com



A fire Sunday morning that caused extensive damage to a house in Joplin has been determined to have been electrical in origin.

Keith Stammer, public information officer for the Joplin Fire Department, said the fire in the 900 block of West A Street rendered the home of Randall Nally no longer habitable. But no injuries were reported, Stammer said.

Firefighters, who were called to the single-story home at 2:35 a.m. Sunday, encountered heavy fire and smoke in the attic. Crews remained on the scene until 5:45 a.m.