A Carthage man was killed in a single-vehicle accident at 6:20 a.m. Thursday on Garrison Avenue, a mile south of Carthage in Jasper County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
James W. McCormick, 45, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident by the Jasper County coroner.
The patrol said McCormick was driving a northbound vehicle that ran off the road and overturned. He was thrown from the vehicle.
• A resident of Cherokee, Kan., was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 3:22 a.m. Thursday on 520th Avenue, a half-mile east of 160th Street, according to the Crawford County (Kan.) Sheriff’s Department.
James N. Castagno, 59, was taken by ambulance to Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan., authorities said.
Castagno’s pickup truck ran off the road and struck a utility pole, according to the report.
• A Seligman resident suffered serious injuries in a single-vehicle accident at 10 p.m. Wednesday on Route DD, less than two miles west of Seligman in Barry County, according to the Missouri state patrol.
Teddy D. Smallwood, 37, was flown by medical helicopter to Cox Medical Center South in Springfield, the patrol said.
Smallwood was driving an eastbound vehicle that ran off the road through a fence and overturned, the patrol said.
• A Granby man was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 8:45 p.m. Tuesday on Missouri Highway 59 at Aspen Road, less than three miles north of Diamond in Newton County, the state patrol said.
Alan L. Farley, 27, was taken to Freeman Hospital in Neosho, the patrol said.
Farley was driving a southbound car and had stopped to make a left turn when a car driven by Chase J. Mattingly, 19, of Neosho, ran into Farley’s car from behind, the patrol said.
• Three people were injured in a single-vehicle accident at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday on 200th Street, just south of 580th Avenue in Crawford County, Kan.
The Crawford County Sheriff’s Department said the driver, Terry Holstine Jr., 31, of Girard, Kan., and one of his passengers, Sphearden Holstine, 4, of Pittsburg, Kan., were taken to Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg. Another passenger, Jesse Holstine, 3, of Pittsburg, was flown by medical helicopter to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.
The southbound sport utility vehicle left the road and struck a culvert and a tree before coming to rest in a ditch, authorities said.
• An 18-year-old woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 9:08 a.m. Tuesday on Range Line Road, according to a Joplin Police Department report.
Marissa L. Gilmore, of Joplin, was taken to Freeman Hospital West, police said.
Gilmore was driving a northbound car that collided with a southbound car driven by Pengxiang Zhang, 23, of Joplin, as Zhang made a left turn into the entrance of Northpark Mall, the report said.