The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

July 20, 2012

Woman suffers injuries in fire in house in Joplin



A woman was taken to a Joplin hospital with injuries from a house fire Friday morning in the 700 block of South Empire Avenue in Joplin.

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a 6:57 a.m. report of smoke in an upstairs bedroom of a two-story home rented by Theo Catlin. Keith Stammer, public information officer for the Fire Department, said eight family members were in the house at the time, but just one was injured.

The fire was brought under control at 7:26 a.m. and fire damage was limited to a box fan and mattress in the bedroom, Stammer said. There was smoke damage throughout the house, he said. Firefighters remained on the scene another two hours and the American Red Cross was called in to assist the family.

The owner of the house was listed as Bob Baldwin.

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

Do you think Missouri should pass legislation that would allow a prescription drug database to be kept?

A. Yes.
B. No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Raw: MH17 Passenger Remains in Kharkiv, Ukraine Raw: Israel Hits Gaza Targets, Destroys Mosques ShowBiz Minute: Hoffman, Oberst, Box Office WWII Vet Gets Medals, 70 Years Late Raw: Israel Bombs Multiple Targets in Gaza Veteran Creates Job During High Unemployment Raw: Cargo Craft Undocks From Space Station Widow: Jury Sent Big Tobacco a $23B Message New Orleans Plans to Recycle Cigarette Butts UN Security Council Calls for MH 17 Crash Probe Obama Bestows Medal of Honor on NH Veteran Texas Sending National Guard Troops to Border Hopkins to Pay $190M After Pelvic Exams Taped Foxx Cites Washington 'Circus Mirror' NASA Ceremony Honors Moon Walker Neil Armstrong