A Carterville man has been charged with felony possession of methamphetamine as a result of a search warrant served at his home by the Jasper County Drug Task Force.
The search warrant was served Sept. 28 at 913 N. Tennessee St. in Carterville, and resulted in the alleged seizure of an undisclosed amount of meth and drug paraphernalia and the arrest of Kevin W. Hendrix, 44, according to a task force news release.
The Jasper County prosecutor’s office also has filed felony drug charges against the following people arrested by Joplin police.
• Darrell W. Vinson Jr., 31, of Carl Junction, and Bryan K. Cobb, 44, of Joplin, were charged with possession of meth after an officer stopped to question them concerning suspicious activity about 4 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of South Jackson Avenue.
• Ronald D. Williams, 53, of Joplin, was charged with possession of a narcotic after a traffic stop Monday afternoon in the 1700 block of South Ohio Avenue.
• Randall W. Seeber, 25, of Baxter Springs, Kan., was charged with possession of meth after a traffic stop Sept. 28 at 26th Street and McClelland Boulevard.
• Raymond A. Kneff, 32, of Joplin, was charged with possession of meth after a pedestrian stop about 7:45 a.m. Saturday at 17th Street and Minnesota Avenue.
• Christopher S. Tuggle, 42, of Oronogo, was charged with possession of meth after a vehicle stop at 11:56 p.m. Saturday near 20th and Main streets.
- Crime & Courts
Joplin mall shopper mugged at gunpoint
Three teenagers are being held on charges that they robbed a woman at gunpoint Wednesday night in the parking lot of Northpark Mall in Joplin. A 60-year-old Webb City resident was getting out of her vehicle about 7:50 p.m. on the southeast side of the mall at 101 N. Range Line Road when a young man came up behind her and demanded her purse. He showed her a gun, and she handed over the purse.
Wheaton woman hurt in accident in Barry County
A Wheaton woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 11 a.m. Thursday on Farm Road 2150, less than a quarter-mile east of Farm Road 1090 in Barry County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Fire damages home in Joplin; no injuries cited
The cause of a Thursday morning fire that destroyed a house in Joplin remained under investigation later in the day.
Woman tells police of sexual abuse over 10-year span
A 24-year-old Joplin woman reported to Joplin police on Wednesday that she was sexually abused by a man over a 10-year period.
La Russell man charged with killing wife
A 54-year-old man is in custody in Lawrence County, charged with fatally shooting his wife.
Sheriff’s deputies responded to a 911 call Monday night from the suspect, David K. Holman, reporting the shooting at the couple’s home near La Russell.
Three suspects arrested in robbery outside Joplin mall
An armed robbery Wednesday night of a woman in the parking lot of Northpark Mall led to the arrest of three suspects.
Quapaw area man facing charges in center break-in
QUAPAW, Okla. — Oklahoma authorities caught a suspect in a burglary of the Peoria Tribe Aquatic Center in the act of trying to sell some of the stolen property at a local salvage yard.
Webb City man accused of sexually abusing young boy
WEBB CITY, Mo. — The Jasper County prosecutor has charged a 37-year-old Webb City man with the sexual abuse of a boy under the age of 12.
Couple’s quarrel ends in fatal shooting
A 54-year-old man is believed to have shot and killed his wife, and then called 911 and waited for deputies to arrive at their home east of La Russell. Lawrence County Sheriff Brad DeLay said David K. Holman was arrested Monday night after the fatal shooting of Radonna L. (Roland) Holman, 55, inside their home at 6504 Highway 97.
Nevada police spot, arrest suspect in October theft
NEVADA, Mo. — It took about six weeks, but a suspected auto thief is finally in custody in Nevada.
- More Crime & Courts Headlines
- Joplin mall shopper mugged at gunpoint