The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

July 29, 2013

No injuries reported in early morning house fire

JOPLIN, Mo. — A house fire this morning in Joplin is believed to have been caused by improper use of a candle, city fire officials said.

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a 6:36 a.m. call reporting a fire at 2156 E. Manitou St. and found a single-story residence heavily involved in fire. Firefighters extinguished the flames and ventilated the home.

Keith Stammer, public information officer for the Fire Department, said no injuries were reported. He said the residence owned by Doug and Claudia Russow, of Grove, Okla., was occupied by Linda Smith. Stammer said the fire was determined to have started with a candle and to have been accidental.

 

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

How do you plan to vote on Missouri's Amendment 5 on the Aug. 5 ballot?

A. For it.
B. Against it.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN Raw: Deadly Landslide Hits Indian Village Obama Chides House GOP for Pursuing Lawsuit New Bill Aims to Curb Sexual Assault on Campus Russia Counts Cost of New US, EU Sanctions 3Doodler Bring 3-D Printing to Your Hand Six PA Cops Indicted for Robbing Drug Dealers Britain Testing Driverless Cars on Roadways Raw: Thousands Flocking to German Crop Circle At Least 20 Chikungunya Cases in New Jersey Raw: Obama Eats Ribs in Kansas City In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast Raw: Otters Enjoy Water Slides at Japan Zoo NCAA Settles Head-injury Suit, Will Change Rules Raw: Amphibious Landing Practice in Hawaii Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA