The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Crime & Courts

December 6, 2013

Fire destroys home in Joplin

JOPLIN, Mo. — An electrical failure is believed to have caused a fire early today that destroyed a rental home at 436 N. Main St. in Joplin.

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a 2:58 a.m. report of the fire in the single-story home owned by James Krudwig, of Webb City, and occupied by Terrence Boaz.

Keith Stammer, public information officer for the Fire Department, said when firefighters first arrived on the scene and encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the residence, they were told that two people might be inside. That proved not to be the case, and no injuries were reported, Stammer said.

Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control by 3:51 a.m. and extinguish all flames by 6:11 a.m., but the house is deemed a total loss. The Southwest Missouri chapter of the American Red Cross was on the scene to render assistance to the occupants.

 

1
Text Only
Crime & Courts
Local News
Sports
Facebook
Poll

Would you use a community safe room when the area is under a tornado warning?

Yes.
No.
     View Results
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
NDN Video
Obama Hopeful on Ukraine, Will Watch Russians Flamingo Frenzy Ahead of Zoo Construction Crew Criticized Over Handling of Ferry Disaster Agreement Reached to Calm Ukraine Tensions Raw: Pope Francis Performs Pre-easter Ritual Raw: Bulgarian Monastery Dyes 5000 Easter Eggs Diplomats Reach Deal to Ease Tensions in Ukraine U.S. Sending Nonlethal Aid to Ukraine Military Holder: Americans Stand With KC Mourners Obama Greets Wounded Warriors Malaysia Plane: Ocean Floor Images 'Very Clear' Sparks Fly With Derulo and Jordin on New Album Franco Leads Star-studded Broadway Cast Raw: Two Lucky Kids Get Ride in Popemobile Boston Bombing Survivors One Year Later Sister of Slain MIT Officer Reflects on Bombing