The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

January 4, 2013

Fire damages garage in Crawford County


From staff reports

ARMA, Kan. — A fire that damaged a garage at a rural residence in Crawford County on Wednesday is believed to have been caused by an electrical short.

The Arma and Arcadia fire departments responded at 5:46 p.m. to a report of a fire on East 680th Avenue, where they found a corner of the home’s unattached garage burning. The fire resulted in smoke and water damage to the garage.

The occupants of the home, Ricke and Kay Goodwin, were gone at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported, according to the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department.