The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

February 1, 2013

Rural mobile home extensively damaged by electrical fire


news@joplinglobe.com



An electrical cause is suspected in a Friday morning fire that caused extensive damage to a mobile home that was being used as a workshop in rural Newton County.

The Redings Mill Fire Department at 8:07 a.m. responded to a report of a fire at 1604 Saginaw Road.

Fire engineer Leif Hasty said about a quarter of a mobile home at the address was in flames when firefighters arrived. Firefighters were able to confine fire damage to about three-quarters of the workshop, he said.

No one was in the workshop and no injuries were reported. Howard Cathey is listed as owner of the property.