The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

February 13, 2013

Fire causes extensive damage to Miami house


news@joplinglobe.com



MIAMI, Okla. — A fire Wednesday morning caused heavy damage to the living room and dining room of a house on C Street Northeast, said Miami Fire Department Capt. Ron Ross.

The Fire Department responded to the call at 6:55 a.m.

Ross said the rest of the house had smoke damage. There were no injuries.

The owner is Cecil George.

Ross said no cause for the fire had been determined.

The department had three trucks and 14 firefighters at the scene. There were back in service at 8:26 a.m.