The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

May 2, 2013

Fire destroys motor home, van; no injuries reported


news@joplinglobe.com

— NEOSHO, Mo. — A fire destroyed a motor home and a minivan and damaged the siding of the residence in Neosho where they were parked Wednesday night before firefighters could get the blaze put out.

The Neosho Fire Department responded at 7:45 p.m. to a report of a fire at the home of Alan Williamson on Ridgewood Road.

Fire Chief Mike Eads said a fire that began in the air-conditioning system of a motor home belonging to Williamson spread to his 1990 Dodge Caravan and caught the siding at one end of his house on fire before firefighters were able to get it extinguished.

Eads said the fire caused an estimated $40,000 worth of damage. No injuries were reported.