The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

May 13, 2013

Fire damages home in Joplin; no injuries cited


news@joplinglobe.com

— Embers from the burning of some yard waste are believed to have touched off a Saturday night fire that caused extensive damage to a home in Joplin.

The Joplin Fire Department responded at 11:35 p.m. Saturday to what initially came in as a medical call to the 2200 block of East Carolina Avenue. Firefighters instead found a fire in progress in the attached garage of a two-story home.

The fire spread into two bedroom walls on the second floor of the home before the firefighters were able to get it put out. No injuries were reported.

The owner of the property was listed as Scott McClure.