From staff reports
One person was killed and five people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 7:28 p.m. Tuesday on County Road 120, three miles south of Miami, Okla., according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Andrew L. Baldwin, 27, of Miami, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident involving the motorcycle he was riding and a Chrysler Sebring.
The state patrol said Baldwin was eastbound when his motorcycle crossed the centerline of the highway on the crest of a hill and collided with the westbound Sebring driven by Dawnus S. George, 55, of Wyandotte, Okla. Baldwin was thrown about 180 feet from his motorcycle, the patrol said.
George and her four passengers were taken to Integris Baptist Regional Health Center in Miami for treatment of injuries. The passengers were identified as Harold C. Shiflett, 81, of Wyandotte; Destiny D. Vandiver, 12, of Miami; Brooklyn S. Vandiver, 6, of Miami; and Brycelyn Vandiver, 6, of Miami.
• Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 10:35 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 44, five miles west of Sarcoxie in Jasper County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
One of the drivers, Ruojing W. Scholz, 28, and her passenger, Michael A. Scholz, 37, both of San Marcos, Texas, were taken by ambulance to Mercy McCune-Brooks Hospital in Carthage.
Their westbound car ran off the left side of the road, causing the driver to overcorrect; the vehicle returned to the roadway and struck a westbound truck rig driven by Donald H. Sebastian, 65, of Warsaw, Ky., the patrol said. The car then ran off the road a second time and struck a cable in the median, the patrol said.
• A Webb City woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 4:27 p.m. Tuesday on Range Line Road at Newman Road, according to a Joplin Police Department report.
Rachel C. Gillmore, 18, was taken to Freeman Hospital West, police said.
Gillmore was driving a northbound car that collided with a tractor-trailer driven by Ronald E. Dudley, 62, of Clearwater, Fla., as the southbound truck was turning east onto Newman Road, the report said.
• A Jerico Springs man was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday on Route M, three miles east of Granby in Newton County, the state patrol said.
Lloyd E. Cooper, 41, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Joplin, the patrol said.
Cooper was driving a northbound truck rig that ran off the road, struck an embankment and caught on fire when he braked and swerved to avoid running into the rear of another vehicle, the patrol said.
• A Crane resident was injured in a motorcycle accident at 11 a.m. Tuesday on Missouri Highway 248, west of Wheelerville in Barry County, the state patrol said.
Donald H. Beard, 67, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Springfield, the patrol said.
Beard’s westbound motorcycle ran off the road and overturned, the patrol said.
• A teenager from Goodman was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 5:25 a.m. Tuesday on U.S. Highway 60, just east of the Neosho city limits, the state patrol said.
Jeremiah J. Wimpey, 17, was taken by ambulance to Freeman Hospital West in Joplin, the patrol said.
Wimpey was driving an eastbound car that ran off the road and struck a guardrail before traveling across the road and striking a guardrail on the other side, the patrol said.
• A Nevada, Mo., woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 5:01 a.m. Tuesday on Route F, four miles east of Moundville in Vernon County, the state patrol said.
Starrisa V. Ballenger, 42, was taken to Barton County Memorial Hospital in Lamar, the patrol said.
Ballenger was driving a westbound car that struck a deer in the roadway, the patrol said.
• Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 10:13 a.m. Monday on U.S. Highway 69 at 600th Avenue in Crawford County, Kan., according to the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department.
The driver of one of the vehicles, Daniel Grotheer, 35, of Girard, Kan., and a passenger in the other vehicle, Janice Scholes, 53, of Arma, Kan., were taken to Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan., the Sheriff’s Department said.
Grotheer was driving a northbound car and was stopping to make a left turn when a northbound pickup truck driven by Robert Scholes, 55, of Arma, ran into Grotheer’s car from behind, the Sheriff’s Department said.
• A La Russell man suffered serious injuries in a single-vehicle accident at 9:30 a.m. Monday on Route F, a half-mile west of La Russell in Jasper County, the Missouri patrol said.
Gay D. McKinney, 64, was taken to Freeman Hospital West in Joplin, the patrol said.
McKinney was driving a westbound car that ran off the road, and struck a fence and a utility pole when he lost control of the vehicle because of a medical condition, the patrol said.
• A 43-year-old Joplin woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 11:51 a.m. Saturday at the Ninth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, according to a Joplin Police Department report.
Wednesday H. Gray was taken to Freeman Hospital West, the police report said.
Gray was riding a southbound motorcycle that collided with an eastbound pickup truck driven by Rachel K. Green, 19, of Oswego, Kan., the report said.