A Carthage resident was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 7:55 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 49 north of Route D in Jasper County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Angela M. Bishop, 41, was taken to Freeman Hospital West in Joplin, the patrol said.
Bishop was driving a northbound vehicle that ran off the road, struck a guardrail and overturned. She was thrown from the vehicle, the patrol said.
• A Monett woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 11:05 p.m. Monday on Missouri Highway 37, one mile north of Butterfield in Barry County, the state patrol said.
Denise D. McBroom, 47, was taken to Cox Monett Hospital, the patrol said.
McBroom lost control of her northbound car on slick pavement, and it crossed the centerline and struck a southbound pickup truck driven by Courtney D. Curbow, 29, of Cassville, the patrol said.
• A Nevada woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 4:10 p.m. Monday on Mission Road, a half-mile west of Nevada in Vernon County, the state patrol said.
Elizabeth J. Cullison, 27, was taken to Nevada Regional Medical Center.
She was driving a westbound car that was struck head-on by an eastbound car driven by Cynthia M. Stevens, 24, of Nevada, when Stevens lost control of her car and it slid across the center of the road, the patrol said.
• Three people were injured at 3:49 p.m. Monday when an eastbound pickup truck towing a car dolly loaded with a van ran off Interstate 44 seven miles east of Mount Vernon in Lawrence County, and struck a firetruck that was stopped in a crossover between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to the state patrol.
The firetruck had responded to an earlier accident at almost the same location. The impact caused the fire truck to overturn.
The driver of the pickup truck, Sergey I. Bakunets, 22, and his passenger, Ivan I. Bakunets, 22, both of Traverse City, Mich., were taken to Mercy Hospital in Springfield. The driver of the firetruck, Melvin L. Owens, 74, of Mount Vernon, sought treatment for minor injuries on his own, the patrol said.
• A resident of Aurora was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 3:10 p.m. Monday on Interstate 44, about seven miles east of Mount Vernon in Lawrence County, the state patrol said.
Matthew P. Mitts, 27, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Springfield.
Mitts was driving a westbound vehicle that struck a guardrail and slid into the path of a westbound truck rig driven by William J. Bielinski, 45, of Versailles, the patrol said. Mitts’ vehicle was struck broadside, and both vehicles wound up in the median.
• A Joplin man was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 2 p.m. Monday on Missouri Highway 43, three miles south of Joplin in Newton County, according to the state patrol.
Wayne M. Johnson, 52, was taken by ambulance to Freeman Hospital West, the patrol said.
Johnson was driving a southbound van that skidded off the road on a curve, struck a driveway and overturned, the patrol said.
- Crime & Courts
Three suspects arrested in robbery outside Joplin mall
An armed robbery Wednesday night of a woman in the parking lot of Northpark Mall led to the arrest of three suspects.
Quapaw area man facing charges in center break-in
QUAPAW, Okla. — Oklahoma authorities caught a suspect in a burglary of the Peoria Tribe Aquatic Center in the act of trying to sell some of the stolen property at a local salvage yard.
Webb City man accused of sexually abusing young boy
WEBB CITY, Mo. — The Jasper County prosecutor has charged a 37-year-old Webb City man with the sexual abuse of a boy under the age of 12.
Couple’s quarrel ends in fatal shooting
A 54-year-old man is believed to have shot and killed his wife, and then called 911 and waited for deputies to arrive at their home east of La Russell. Lawrence County Sheriff Brad DeLay said David K. Holman was arrested Monday night after the fatal shooting of Radonna L. (Roland) Holman, 55, inside their home at 6504 Highway 97.
La Russell man charged with killing wife
A 54-year-old man is in custody in Lawrence County, charged with fatally shooting his wife.
Sheriff’s deputies responded to a 911 call Monday night from the suspect, David K. Holman, reporting the shooting at the couple’s home near La Russell.
Nevada police spot, arrest suspect in October theft
NEVADA, Mo. — It took about six weeks, but a suspected auto thief is finally in custody in Nevada.
Police chase down teenager in wake of shop burglary
Joplin police chased down a suspect in a burglary at a barber shop Monday night and arrested him in the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar.
Joplin man tells police of being robbed of wallet
A 22-year-old Joplin man reported being mugged by a gunman Monday night outside his home in the Park Apartments complex at 1707 E. Campbell Parkway.
Neosho man waives hearing in sodomy case
NEOSHO, Mo. — A 30-year-old Neosho man waived a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges that he had sexual contact with a 16-year-old boy.
Carthage man’s death deemed suspicious
An 87-year-old man whose body was discovered inside his home Monday night may have been a victim of foul play, according to Carthage police. A neighbor checking on the well-being of Raymond R. Ritchhart made the discovery and called 911 at 6:04 p.m. The neighbor thought Ritchhart might have fallen.
- More Crime & Courts Headlines
- Three suspects arrested in robbery outside Joplin mall