A Carthage resident was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 7:55 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 49 north of Route D in Jasper County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Angela M. Bishop, 41, was taken to Freeman Hospital West in Joplin, the patrol said.
Bishop was driving a northbound vehicle that ran off the road, struck a guardrail and overturned. She was thrown from the vehicle, the patrol said.
• A Monett woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 11:05 p.m. Monday on Missouri Highway 37, one mile north of Butterfield in Barry County, the state patrol said.
Denise D. McBroom, 47, was taken to Cox Monett Hospital, the patrol said.
McBroom lost control of her northbound car on slick pavement, and it crossed the centerline and struck a southbound pickup truck driven by Courtney D. Curbow, 29, of Cassville, the patrol said.
• A Nevada woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 4:10 p.m. Monday on Mission Road, a half-mile west of Nevada in Vernon County, the state patrol said.
Elizabeth J. Cullison, 27, was taken to Nevada Regional Medical Center.
She was driving a westbound car that was struck head-on by an eastbound car driven by Cynthia M. Stevens, 24, of Nevada, when Stevens lost control of her car and it slid across the center of the road, the patrol said.
• Three people were injured at 3:49 p.m. Monday when an eastbound pickup truck towing a car dolly loaded with a van ran off Interstate 44 seven miles east of Mount Vernon in Lawrence County, and struck a firetruck that was stopped in a crossover between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to the state patrol.
The firetruck had responded to an earlier accident at almost the same location. The impact caused the fire truck to overturn.
The driver of the pickup truck, Sergey I. Bakunets, 22, and his passenger, Ivan I. Bakunets, 22, both of Traverse City, Mich., were taken to Mercy Hospital in Springfield. The driver of the firetruck, Melvin L. Owens, 74, of Mount Vernon, sought treatment for minor injuries on his own, the patrol said.
• A resident of Aurora was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 3:10 p.m. Monday on Interstate 44, about seven miles east of Mount Vernon in Lawrence County, the state patrol said.
Matthew P. Mitts, 27, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Springfield.
Mitts was driving a westbound vehicle that struck a guardrail and slid into the path of a westbound truck rig driven by William J. Bielinski, 45, of Versailles, the patrol said. Mitts’ vehicle was struck broadside, and both vehicles wound up in the median.
• A Joplin man was injured in a single-vehicle accident at 2 p.m. Monday on Missouri Highway 43, three miles south of Joplin in Newton County, according to the state patrol.
Wayne M. Johnson, 52, was taken by ambulance to Freeman Hospital West, the patrol said.
Johnson was driving a southbound van that skidded off the road on a curve, struck a driveway and overturned, the patrol said.
- Crime & Courts
Youth shot in shoulder after reportedly encountering burglars
A male juvenile was treated for a gunshot wound to his shoulder after a reported home invasion early Saturday in the 100 block of South 250th Street, the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release.
Webb City man placed on probation in assault case
A rural Webb City man pleaded guilty to a reduced charge Monday in a child abuse case and received a suspended sentence with probation.
Man enters plea to reduced charge in drug case
A Joplin man charged with trafficking in crack cocaine pleaded guilty Monday to a reduced charge of felony possession in a plea deal with the Jasper County prosecutor’s office.
Joplin man pleads guilty to reduced charge in shooting incident
A Joplin man accused of shooting at another man’s vehicle a year ago pleaded guilty Monday to a reduced charge of unlawful possession of a firearm. William K. Richardson, 37, pleaded guilty during a hearing in Jasper County Circuit Court. He will be sentenced Sept. 22.
Webb City woman draws probation for robbery at mall
A 22-year-old Webb City woman who pleaded guilty to robbery in a shoplifting incident at the J.C. Penney store in Northpark Mall received a suspended sentence Friday in Jasper County Circuit Court.
Carthage man pleads guilty in sexual abuse case
A Carthage man pleaded guilty Monday to sexual abuse of a 12-year-old girl in a plea agreement that would cap the length of his prison term at no more than 15 years.
Burglary conviction draws shock prison time
A Joplin man who received 120 days of shock incarceration time Friday in a drunken-driving case in Jasper County Circuit Court was assessed a concurrent sentence Monday in a burglary case.
Joplin Court Log
The Joplin court log for July 21, 2014.
Details released about weekend shooting in Crawford County
A homeowner claims he was shot during a home invasion in rural Crawford County over the weekend.
Equipment stolen from several planes at Aurora airport
Police are investigating the theft of more than $100,000 in equipment from the Aurora Municipal Airport.
- More Crime & Courts Headlines
- Youth shot in shoulder after reportedly encountering burglars