From staff reports
JOPLIN, Mo. —
The annual Veterans Enterprise Forum will be held Thursday in Cornell Auditorium in the Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center on the campus of Missouri Southern State University.
Registration begins at 11:45 a.m. The program will conclude at 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included.
The forum provides American veterans and those currently in the military with information about educational, business, financial and government programs and services available to them.
It is free to American veterans and military personnel.
Registration will be followed by an Honor Guard ceremony presented by the JROTC program of Joplin High School at noon in Cornell Auditorium.
Karen Bradshaw, director of the MSSU Center for Entrepreneurship, will give the introduction, followed by Brian Ollenburger, vice president of Liberty Bank, and Suzzane Stearman, Springfield region director of the Small Business Administration. The latter two will discuss Small Business Administration and Veterans Administration loans.
At 12:30 p.m., Lisa Robinson, director, and Ken Surbrugg, consultant, of the MSSU Small Business and Technology Development Center, will discuss the services their program provides. Also, Steve Russell, director of the Joseph Newman Innovation Center, will disucss that initiative of the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce.
At 1:15 p.m., programs will include:
- “Selling to the Government–MO PTAC Services,” with Mary Love, procurement director in Southwest Missouri for the Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
- “Missouri Career Center Veteran Services,” with Jim Soma, disabled veterans representative.
- “Missouri Veterans Commission Veteran Programs,” with John McLean, veterans service officer with the Missouri Veterans Commission.
- “Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks Services,” with Jeremy Clouse, license clinical social worker.
At 2:45 p.m., sessions include:
- “Veterans Educational Financial Aid,” with Denise Vigil, veterans education certifying official at MSSU.
- “MSSU Counseling Services,” with Mary Parker, clinical counselor.
This event is sponsored by the MSSU Small Business and Technology Development Center, Liberty Bank and the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce.
To register, call (417) 625-3128 or send an email email@example.com .