- Eddie Salazar case
Salazar receives life sentence in Carthage baby’s death
A Carthage man was given a sentence of life in prison Monday for the murder of his 8-month-old baby after testimony by the baby’s mother that she wanted him to “pay for what he did.”
Eddie Salazar Sr. found guilty of second-degree murder in baby killing
Eddie Salazar Sr., 31, Carthage, was found guilty by a Jasper County jury of second-degree murder in the death of his eight-month old son, Eddie Salazar Jr., in 2009.
Eddie Salazar Sr. case goes to jury this morning
Defense attorneys for Eddie Salazar Sr., 31, Carthage, rested this morning without calling any witnesses and the case has gone to the jury.
- Father arraigned in trial division in baby’s death
- Carthage baby’s father bound over for trial A Carthage father accused of killing his infant son and a Joplin man charged with manslaughter in a fatal police chase both waived their rights to preliminary hearings Wednesday in Jasper County Circuit Court.
- Eddie Salazar Sr. pleads not guilty to murder charge Eddie Salazar Sr. entered a plea of not guilty during an arraignment on a charge of second-degree murder. Salazar appeared via video for the arraignment, which was held at 8:30 a.m. in Associate Circuit Judge Richard Copeland’s courtroom in Joplin via a video link to the Jasper County Jail in Carthage, where he remains in custody.
Carol Stark & Dave Woods: Photo is part of tragedy
It’s a sad, sad story.
An 8-month-old Carthage baby was reported by his father as being abducted on Feb. 4. Two days later, the body of baby Eddie Salazar was discovered in Spring River east of Carthage.
- <img src="http://www.joplinglobeonline.com/images/zope/extra.gif" border=0> Eddie Salazar Sr. charged with 2nd-degree murder in baby’s death<font color="#ff0000"> w/ Eddie Salazar, Sr. probable-cause affidavit </font> A second-degree murder charge is being filed today against Eddie Salazar Sr., according to Jasper County prosecutor Dean Dankelson.
- Eddie Salazar Jr. laid to rest during graveside services CARTHAGE, Mo. — For the town of Carthage, grief has become the universal language in the wake of the death of 8-month-old Eddie Salazar Jr.
- <img src="http://www.joplinglobeonline.com/images/zope/extra.gif" border=0>Father remains 'only' suspect<font color="#ff0000"> w/ arraignment video</font>
- More Eddie Salazar case Headlines
- Salazar receives life sentence in Carthage baby’s death