The 44th annual Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture will be held Jan. 16-18 at the Westin Crown Center in Kansas City.
The theme is “Generations of Progress and Promise.” Registration is available online through Jan. 13 at the Missouri Department of Agriculture website, mda.mo.gov, as well as on site at the event.
Richard Fordyce, Missouri director of agriculture, will kick off the event. Tony Clayton, of Clayton AgriMarketing, will lead the Friday evening barbecue and auction to benefit youths in agriculture. The conference culminates Jan. 18 with an awards banquet featuring country music star John Michael Montgomery.
The schedule includes:
• A Taste of AgriMissouri reception on Jan. 16 featuring Missouri-made foods and beverages, including wine.
• A panel discussion among Missouri’s agricultural commodity leaders.
• An agriculture issues update led by attorneys from Shook, Hardy and Bacon, a Kansas City law firm, and Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster.
• Seminars on energy, research and technology.
• Events highlighting successes and opportunities for youths in agriculture.
• A session titled “The Growth of a Missouri Wine Culture,” featuring Doug Frost, a master sommelier and master of wine — one of only three people in the world to hold such distinctions.
The conference is open to the public. Registration is required for most events.
On the Net
DETAILS about the Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture are available on the Missouri Department of Agriculture website, mda.mo.gov.