From staff reports
JOPLIN, Mo. —
The dancers have been chosen and are already training for the 2013 Dancing with the Joplin Stars event, which will be held at Downstream Casino Resort at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 30.
- Dave Clark, Downstream Casino Resort, with professional partner Kaye Lewis.
- Deb Allison, Upstairs Boutique, with professional partner Seth Harley.
- Philip Mitchell, KSNF-TV, with professional partner Grace Love.
- Amanda Mitchell, Freeman Health System, and professional partner Ramon Luna.
- Joe Craigmile, Southwest Missouri Bank, and professional partner Krystelle Lamczyk.
- Loretta Bailey, Allstate—Loretta Bailey Agency, and professional partner Joshua Velazquez.
The event is a fundraiser for the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce Cultural Affairs Committee “Art in Public Places” project. Tickets are $35 per person or $350 per table and include hors d’oeuvres.
Tickets and People’s Choice voting are available online at joplincc.com/dancing.html.
The competition will be judged by a panel of professional and celebrity judges. Couples will receive a technical score from the judges and a first-place trophy will be awarded to the couple with the highest technical score. The People’s Choice Award will be given to the couple with the most votes from the public and the audience. Votes are $2 each and may be purchased online or at the event.
Dancing with the Joplin Stars is presented by Downstream Casino Resort.