Geocaching takes the search for fun outdoors
Pittsburg, Kan., mother Suzy Chatman appreciates outdoor activities that don’t break the bank and that she can do with her five children, who range in age from 6 to 22. Geocaching was the perfect fit.
Andy Ostmeyer, columnist: New monthly feature focuses on outdoors
It’s a rare year that passes without at least one trip to Arkansas’ Buffalo National River, and when the stars, the job and everyone’s schedules align, perhaps several trips.
Transportation Department criticizes firm lobbying against cell phone bans
Only hours after Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood lambasted a lobbying firm he accused of working against efforts to limit drivers’ use of cell phones behind the wheel, the firm announced it was scrapping its plans.
- Larry Dablemont: Norfork yields huge stripers
- Silas Gray: Fly-fishing seminar just whets appetite
- Larry Dablemont: There’s no need to scout for your gobbler
- Silas Gray: Crappie begin biting before redwoods bloom
- Larry Dablemont: Good fishing seldom becomes boring
- Silas Gray: Old Lamar Lake could become a favorite
- Don’t overdo compassion for wildlife in the winter The week of snow and ice and cold which we had in early December would have been a real killer for wildlife if it had lasted much longer, because ice beneath deep snow makes it really tough to uncover food.
- More Outdoors Headlines
- Geocaching takes the search for fun outdoors