Joplin St. Patrick's Day events
Three St. Patrick's Day events in downtown Joplin.
- Slide Shows
- SLIDESHOW: Moore, Okla. the day after Globe photographer Roger Nomer sent back these images from Moore, Okla. as people began salvage work on Tuesday afternoon in the aftermath of Monday's EF-5 tornado.
- SLIDESHOW: Moore, Okla. rescue and recovery Emergency crews searched the broken remnants of an Oklahoma City suburb Tuesday for survivors of a massive tornado that flattened homes and demolished an elementary school. At least 24 people were killed, including at least nine children, and those numbers were expected to climb.
- SLIDESHOW: Moore, Okla. tornado A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph. At least 37 people were killed, and officials said the death toll was expected to rise.
- SLIDESHOW: Branson's Wild World Branson's Wild World offers hands-on animal experiences, educational staff interaction, a 3-D blacklight mini golf course, jungle-themed arcade games and a bucking hammerhead shark ride in the lobby.
- SLIDESHOW: Faces of Recovery Sam Anselm, assistant city manager, said, according to his most recent figures, there have been at least 176,869 volunteers putting in 1,146,083 hours of time — a figure he calls “staggering” — since the May 2011 tornado.
- SLIDESHOW: May snow Four state residents woke this morning to find their yards covered with a dusting of snow. The last snowfall date on record for Southwest Missouri was on May 2, 1929, in Springfield.
- Boston Marathon explosions Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the conclusion of the Boston Marathon on Monday.
- Slideshow: Signs of Spring Globe staff and readers have submitted photos showing signs that Spring has arrived.
- Joplin Globe Spelling Bee 2013 Area spelling champions competed in the 36th Annual Joplin Globe Spelling Bee.
- Joplin St. Patrick's Day events Three St. Patrick's Day events in downtown Joplin.