SLIDESHOW: Friday night lights
The Missouri high school football season kicks off tonight. Globe photographers covered games in Joplin, Webb City, Carthage and Diamond.
- SLIDESHOW: Teen with cystic fibrosis finds widespread support With the support of friends and family, Gabby Gire, 18, of Nevada, has been able to maintain an optimistic outlook despite her cystic fibrosis.
- SLIDESHOW: Good Friday observances around the world Around the world, Christians are coming together in observance of Good Friday, which they believe was the day Jesus was crucified. Here are some photos from Good Friday commemorations around the world.
- SLIDESHOW: Lunar Eclipse turns moon red Globe readers sent in their photos of the lunar eclipse which could be seen early Tuesday morning in the Joplin area.
- SLIDESHOW: KaPau Plummet Workers install the last segment of the new White Water KaPau Plummet water slide in Branson.
- SLIDESHOW: 37th Annual Joplin Globe Spelling Bee The 37th annual Joplin Globe Spelling Bee was held Monday at Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School.
- SLIDESHOW: Coach Corn prepares for last home game MSSU coach Robert Corn spent the last week preparing his team for the last home game against rival PSU.
- SLIDESHOW: 276th Engineer Company deploys Missouri National Guard’s 276th Engineer Company based in Pierce City deployed Monday to Afghanistan.
- SLIDESHOW: Haitian mission going strong Haitian mission is still going strong after 40 years with Joplin’s help.
- SLIDESHOW: Martin Luther King Jr. Day Missouri Southern State University on Monday celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. Day by hosting a community breakfast, while some of its student-athletes rolled up their sleeves and got to work in a community service project.
- SLIDESHOW: Kansas City Museums Kansas City museums offer a glimpse into arts, culture and immigrant heritage.