SLIDESHOW: Moore, Okla. tornado
A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph. At least 37 people were killed, and officials said the death toll was expected to rise.
- SLIDESHOW: Newton County Youth Fair The Newton County Youth Fair is underway at the Neosho A&M Fairgrounds and will go through Saturday.
- SLIDESHOW: Blueberry season is in full swing Area residents find blueberry season in full swing.
- SLIDESHOW: Exploring Alaska A trip up the Inside Passage offers hiking trails, bays for kayaking, lakes for paddling, glaciers for exploring, waterfalls to stand beside and plenty of Alaskan wildlife sightings, from bald eagles to whales.
- SLIDESHOW: Moshe Safdie tours Crystal Bridges Museum International architect Moshe Safdie who designed Crystal Bridges Museum toured the museum's exhibit showcasing his work titled: “Global Citizen: The Architecture of Moshe Safdie.”
- SLIDESHOW: Chicken Annie's to celebrate its 80th birthday Chicken Annie's restaurant has been part of life in Southeast Kansas for 80 years.
- SLIDESHOW: Historic Murphysburg Homeowners in Joplin’s only residential historic district are working to get national designation for the area.
- SLIDESHOW: National World War I Museum in Kansas City The National World War I Museum in Kansas City puts into context the people and events surrounding what was known as the Great War.
- SLIDESHOW: Explore Oklahoma City Oklahoma City celebrates its Native American and cowboy heritage with museums and a working cattle industry.
- SLIDESHOW: Joplin High School Graduation 2014 Families and friends watched the graduation ceremonies of the Joplin High School Class of 2014 at MSSU's Leggett & Platt Athletic Center on Sunday.
- SLIDESHOW: JHS seniors' well-wishes Joplin seniors left messages of hope and advice for future students on the concrete floor of the new high school.