SLIDESHOW: May snow
Four state residents woke this morning to find their yards covered with a dusting of snow. The last snowfall date on record for Southwest Missouri was on May 2, 1929, in Springfield.
- SLIDESHOW: PSU Nature Reach moves Students, volunteers and staff helped relocate everything from a pair of prairie dogs to a vocal macaw named Charlie so that Heckert-Wells can undergo a $4.4 million transformation in coming months.
- SLIDESHOW: Downstream cattle herd On Monday, the Quapaw Tribe took delivery of 140 angus cattle from the Spur Ranch west of Vinita. In about 18 months, the tribe will be getting steak from this herd for its Red Oak Steakhouse at Downstream Casino and Resort.
- SLIDESHOW: Teen with cystic fibrosis finds widespread support With the support of friends and family, Gabby Gire, 18, of Nevada, has been able to maintain an optimistic outlook despite her cystic fibrosis.
- SLIDESHOW: Good Friday observances around the world Around the world, Christians are coming together in observance of Good Friday, which they believe was the day Jesus was crucified. Here are some photos from Good Friday commemorations around the world.
- SLIDESHOW: Lunar Eclipse turns moon red Globe readers sent in their photos of the lunar eclipse which could be seen early Tuesday morning in the Joplin area.
- SLIDESHOW: KaPau Plummet Workers install the last segment of the new White Water KaPau Plummet water slide in Branson.
- SLIDESHOW: 37th Annual Joplin Globe Spelling Bee The 37th annual Joplin Globe Spelling Bee was held Monday at Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School.
- SLIDESHOW: Coach Corn prepares for last home game MSSU coach Robert Corn spent the last week preparing his team for the last home game against rival PSU.
- SLIDESHOW: 276th Engineer Company deploys Missouri National Guard’s 276th Engineer Company based in Pierce City deployed Monday to Afghanistan.
- SLIDESHOW: Haitian mission going strong Haitian mission is still going strong after 40 years with Joplin’s help.