JOPLIN, Mo. —
Enrollment is now open for the Joplin school district’s summer school session, which will run Wednesday, June 4, though Tuesday, July 1.
• Summer school for incoming kindergartners will be offered through Jump Start from 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at the Joplin Early Childhood Center and Irving and Soaring Heights elementary schools. Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily; transportation will not be provided.
• Elementary summer school, for students currently in kindergarten through fourth grade, is scheduled from 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Irving and Soaring Heights elementary schools. The program includes free breakfast and lunch; transportation will not be provided. The summer curriculum includes hands-on activities and learning labs in reading, writing, math, science, music, art and dance.
• Students currently in fifth through eighth grades can attend the middle school summer session from 8 to 11:30 a.m. at the Joplin High School 9/10 campus. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• Sessions focusing on academic recovery will be open to current high school students in two sessions, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from noon to 3 p.m., at the 9/10 campus. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• The physical education and weight training summer program for current sixth- through 11th-graders will run in several sessions at the 9/10 campus. Students in eighth through 11th grades can meet at either 7 a.m. or 9 a.m. Monday through Thursday. Current sixth- and seventh-graders will meet from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Enrollment forms are available at joplinschools.org and should be returned to the student’s current school.