The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

Top Stories

July 25, 2012

Carthage home damaged in fire

CARTHAGE, Mo. — A house at 703 Omar St. was left uninhabitable after a fire caused heavy smoke and heat damage throughout the residence, according to the Carthage Fire Department.

Crews were at the scene from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and were assisted by members of the Carterville and Webb City fire departments.

The department has deemed the fire accidental in nature and believe that discarded cigarettes may have been the cause.

There were no injuries and the Red Cross is assisting the family.

1
Text Only
Top Stories