A search for an Anderson woman missing since Sunday's flooding has shifted into a recovery effort, but the woman has not yet been located.
A 28-year-old Joplin woman died from injuries sustained when a vehicle struck the bicycle she was riding Monday night at the entrance to the Walmart store on West Seventh Street.
As surging floodwaters receded, cities in Newton and McDonald counties continued Monday to take stock of damage left behind.
Jack Ballard pleaded guilty Monday to the beating of Michael Osborne with a baseball bat in a deal requiring Ballard to serve 120 days of shock time in prison in the Sept. 26 assault on the streets of Joplin.
STELLA, Mo. — Two men were wounded in an exchange of gunfire Sunday afternoon at a residence near Stella that the Newton County sheriff is attributing to hostilities arising from a child custody situation.
A judge sentenced a Carthage father to seven years in prison Monday for breaking his 5-year-old daughter's leg and leaving her covered in bruises during a fit of rage over her failure to clean her room.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Tuesday awarded the nation's highest military honor to an Iraq War veteran who took on an insurgent stronghold and allowed members of his platoon to move to safety during heavy fighting in Fallujah. Read more
Attempting to grow the sport in the region while also showcasing area athletes, the Southwest Missouri Vault Club hosted a free pole vault exhibition and youth clinic on Monday night inside Webb City High School’s Cardinal Stadium.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
Richard 'Dick' Cooper, age 80, Joplin, passed away at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at Joplin Health and Rehabilitation Center after an illness. Richard was born January 3, 1939 in Lamar, Missouri to the late Harold B. Cooper and Hester Wagaman Cooper and had lived in Joplin most of his…
SARCOXIE, MO - Barbara Lee Fieker, 88, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2019. Services 11 a.m. Wednesday at Freedom Christian Fellowship Church, Sarcoxie. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Housh-Goodwin Funeral Home, Sarcoxie.
LANAGAN, MO - Katherine M. Hunter, 84, a retired property manager, passed away Saturday, June 22, 2019. Services will be at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Ozark Memorial Park Crematory.
- UPDATED: Father charged with wounding son, killing son's girlfriend
- Wichita man drowns in Elk River at Noel
- Dog impounded after attack on horses in Joplin
- UPDATED: One adult, two juveniles arrested after thefts reported at four Carl Junction schools
- Local campus of Springfield megachurch to help renovate Duenweg Elementary School
- Nurse: Women have right to hygiene products
- Woman killed, two men wounded in exchange of gunfire south of Joplin
- Area resident uses rural structures as backdrops for folk art
- Felon pleads guilty to gun, drug possession charges
- Liberty-Empire gets go-ahead for wind project