MIAMI, Okla. — Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College will celebrate Indigenous Peoples' Day by unveiling its new Centennial Tribal Monument on Monday.
An open house will be held by representatives of the city of Joplin to talk to residents and answer questions about a tax proposal the city has placed on the Nov. 5 ballot.
CARTHAGE, Mo. — A new map showing where Jasper County voting polls are located has been created by the county clerk and posted on the county website.
The Joplin Globe publishes summaries of routine and follow-up inspections performed by the Joplin Health Department.
In this week's episode, Dream Theatre Troupe founder Becki Arnall talks about the upcoming production of "Spring Awakening," why she loves it enough to pay for performance rights with her own money and why it may be a long time for this production to be shown in Joplin again. Music: "Happy A…
Three-year-old Quetzali Rodriguez, of Pittsburg, Kansas, could not resist the urge to dance with members of the Chinelos Morelenses Unidos, of Springdale, Arkansas, at Saturday’s Hispanic Heritage Day at George Washington Carver National Monument, near Diamond.
WILLARD, Mo. — Webb City won the third-place match at the Lori Endicott Invitational volleyball tournament on Saturday at Willard High School.
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Reports of possible shots at an upscale Florida mall sent panicked people running and triggered a lockdown for several hours Sunday, but a SWAT team's search found no evidence of any shooting and police issued an all-clear after nightfall. Read more
Surrounded by Crowder College student athletes, donors and workers receive thanks for their completion of the Freeman Roughrider Field House during an open house Tuesday. Sophomore Shandria Jackson, catcher for the softball team, and Athletic Director John Sisemore closed out the huddle.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
Dwight Alva Stair, 70, a disabled Navy veteran and brother of Joplin resident Michael Stair, died Sept. 28, 2019 at the Truman VA Hospital at Columbia, where he had been an ICU patient for about a month. Dwight was born Aug. 18, 1949, and grew up on Walnut Street in Rolla. He graduated from …
- Alba couple brew new future for Old Miner’s Inn
- UPDATED: Liberal softball player featured on ESPN
- Brent Frazee: Lures designed to get the fisherman first
- Carthage teen killed in accident on Friday night
- Kick(er) is good: Garrett Landis makes school history
- Webb City man walking Continental Divide for charity
- Iowa teacher on leave after social media comment on Thunberg
- MSSU reviewing complaint on student behavior at game
- EaglePicher to focus on core markets: space, defense, medical
- Three Joplin teens charged with robbery recorded, posted on Snapchat