In this week's episode, digital editor Joe Hadsall shares a commentary on how people treat politics like sports, and how that attitude makes it difficult to talk about politics at all. Music: "Happy Alley" and "Destiny Day" by Kevin MacLeod, www.incompetech.com.
WYANDOTTE, Okla. — Wyandotte Nation Chief Billy Friend summed up the gift his tribe will receive this week in one word: “monumental.”
Two years ago, David Ingle stood on the porch of a house in the 2500 block of South New Hampshire Avenue in Joplin, shouting out to all the world that he had a gun.
Product branding is a well-known advertising technique. Slogans, images, distinctive typography or an iconic spokesperson can typify a business, school or city. Some brands result from brainstorming. Others have grown out of tradition, attain a life of their own and can be impervious to change.
If you think that this food truck craze is going to be a flash in the pan, you might want to rethink that. It's a big deal that is only going to get bigger.
SARCOXIE, Mo. — The new Sarcoxie Veterans Memorial will be dedicated around 2:30 p.m. Saturday following the parade during Chief Sarcoxie Days.
PECULIAR, Mo. — Joplin's Micah Bruggeman and Carthage's Jenari Lopez posted top-10 finishes Saturday in the Raymore-Peculiar Invitational cross country meet.
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see. Read more
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
JOPLIN, MO - Tonia M. Pryor, 45, passed away Wednesday, September 11, 2019. Celebration of life will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Webb City (MO) Church of the Nazarene.
PEORIA, AZ - Jo Ann Holley, 88, formerly of Webb City, MO, passed away Monday, September 9, 2019. She was a former Webb City High School teacher's aide. Services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at
WEBB CITY, MO - Ronald Paul Purcell, 65, an automotive service employee, passed away Wednesday, September 11, 2019. Services will be at 11 a.m Saturday at First Baptist Church, Webb City.
- UPDATE: Man found dead; deputy injured in officer-involved shooting
- UPDATED: Student in stable condition after explosion at Carthage Tech Center
- Roundabout or traffic light? Neosho asking business owners near key intersection
- UPDATED: Description of suspect in deputy shooting released
- Wounded deputy, deceased shooting suspect identified
- Late-game stand sends Joplin past Carthage 56-55
- Sheriff: Teeth, tattoo support prior identification of body found near Noel
- Wally Kennedy: New brewery coming to downtown Joplin
- 'Inspired' Joplin knocks off Webb City
- Names of people killed in Tuesday I-44 accident released