NEOSHO, Mo. — The Newton County Health Department is launching an initiative to match pregnant women who are misusing opioids, or at risk of misusing them, with resources and programs to help prevent further abuse.
A Cassville man suffered moderate injuries in a single-vehicle crash at 3:35 p.m. Saturday on Missouri Highway 76, 2 miles east of Cassville in Barry County, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Several items of business involving the Joplin Regional Airport, including a $7.4 million contract for reconstruction of a taxiway, will be considered Tuesday during a meeting of the Joplin City Council.
The Joplin Board of Education will be asked to approve a new class at Joplin High School when it meets Tuesday.
A new policy is being finalized to help address traffic problems in residential Joplin neighborhoods, including speeding in the Sunnyvale area, where residents have asked for the city's help.
ORLAND PARK, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say a man was critically wounded in a shooting at a suburban Chicago mall, and the suspect remains at large.
Missouri’s new medical marijuana law contains a privacy provision to protect business and medical records related to the new industry. But state officials are using it to deny the public the right to know even the identities of those who have applied to become marijuana growers and distributors. Do you think the gag order should be removed?
Two property owners in Newton County talk about Missouri American Water's proposal to potentially buy out their land for the construction of an about 1,500-acre reservoir.
- Two reputed Honkies gang members' kidnapping charges dismissed
- Medical marijuana cultivation site proposed for Sarcoxie
- Pools of Newton County: Four Neosho friends make movie about man's determination to swim
- Drug enforcement team seizes meth, arrests three in Carthage raid
- Joplin man draws prison time for severe beating of girlfriend
- Man pleads guilty in 2017 death of 3-year-old
- Pineapple Bliss owner seeks zoning for store
- Carthage native Felix Wright played for Chiefs in 1994 championship game
- Father accused of breaking daughter's leg
- Authorities seize meth, frozen bald eagle in Anderson drug raid