Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
NEWTONIA, MO - Lynn (Reynolds) Sartin, 74, a retiree of La-Z-Boy, passed away Thursday, July 22, 2021. Services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Clark Funeral Home, Granby. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
LOCKWOOD, MO - Doris Aileen Belcher, 81, passed away Saturday, July 10, 2021. Memorial services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 31, 2021, at Lockwood United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Lockwood Cemetery.
- Neosho man fighting for his life following COVID-19 infection
- Physician discusses impact of COVID-19, vaccines on women's health
- Missouri hits new peak in delta variant summer surge
- Mercy admits record number of COVID-19 patients
- Parson launches vaccine incentive program
- Council approves zoning for new type of housing plan
- Carl Junction graduate Psajdl hired by Houston Texans
- ‘The surge is coming,’ Springfield mayor warns other Missouri cities
- COVID-19 numbers surge
- Local ventilator usage going up among younger COVID-19 patients, health officials say