NEOSHO, Mo. — Newton County voters on Tuesday chose incumbents William Doubek and Angela Tho…
Election News Coverage
NEOSHO, Mo. — Newton County voters on Tuesday chose incumbents William Doubek and Angela Thomas to serve as members of the Neosho City Council, beating out challenger Robb Birch.
CARL JUNCTION, Mo. — Incumbent Larry Cowger and new candidate Robert James Hays were the top contenders elected to the Carl Junction School Board, according to complete but unofficial results from Jasper and Newton counties.
CARTHAGE, Mo. — A challenger defeated an incumbent to win one of two open seats on the Carthage Board of Education in Tuesday's election while one new face also was elected to the Carthage City Council.
WEBB CITY, Mo. — Webb City Council incumbent Jonathan Shull and Board of Education incumbent Dan McGrew were both reelected by voters Tuesday in local municipal and school board races, according to complete but unofficial results in Jasper County. Newcomer Stephen Crane will also join the sc…
CARL JUNCTION, Mo. — Voters on Tuesday rejected two tax proposals, one that would have brought a public library to the community and another that would have implemented a use tax.
Sharrock Dermott on Tuesday did what three of his predecessors on the Joplin Board of Education had been unable to do.
Jasper County voters have approved an extension of a current sales tax that will generate funds for a new courts building in Joplin and an expansion to the county jail.
Election results from each county will be posted here as they are made available. Polls closed at 7 p.m.
This Week's Circulars
Betty Jo Rountree, a longtime resident of Joplin, MO, passed away November 2, 2019 after a brief illness. Betty was born July 1, 1932, in Dade County, MO, and graduated from Greenfield High School in 1950. She lived and worked in Joplin from 1971 until the time of her passing. Betty is survi…
CARTHAGE, MO - Charles Allen "Charlie" Chapman, 80, passed away Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Memorial graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Park Cemetery, Carthage. Arrangements are under the direction of Knell Mortuary, Carthage.
- Police find body in freezer at Joplin home
- UPDATED: Woman suspected of keeping corpse in freezer taken into custody
- UPDATED: Casey's announces plan to build distribution center in Joplin
- UPDATED: With 35-7 win over Marquette, Joplin advances to state semifinals
- Joplin woman charged with keeping corpse in freezer
- LIVE UPDATES: Joplin, Webb City, Carthage pursue state titles
- Passenger severely injured in crash of fleeing vehicle in Carthage police pursuit
- Healing from the heart: Grove man grows fruits and veggies for senior adults, vets
- Our View: Adverse childhood experiences are an epidemic in our area
- UPDATED: Coach, others criticized in report investigating football player's death