NEOSHO, Mo. — Newton County voters on Tuesday chose incumbents William Doubek and Angela Tho…
Election News Coverage
NEOSHO, Mo. — Newton County voters on Tuesday chose incumbents William Doubek and Angela Thomas to serve as members of the Neosho City Council, beating out challenger Robb Birch.
CARL JUNCTION, Mo. — Incumbent Larry Cowger and new candidate Robert James Hays were the top contenders elected to the Carl Junction School Board, according to complete but unofficial results from Jasper and Newton counties.
CARTHAGE, Mo. — A challenger defeated an incumbent to win one of two open seats on the Carthage Board of Education in Tuesday's election while one new face also was elected to the Carthage City Council.
WEBB CITY, Mo. — Webb City Council incumbent Jonathan Shull and Board of Education incumbent Dan McGrew were both reelected by voters Tuesday in local municipal and school board races, according to complete but unofficial results in Jasper County. Newcomer Stephen Crane will also join the sc…
CARL JUNCTION, Mo. — Voters on Tuesday rejected two tax proposals, one that would have brought a public library to the community and another that would have implemented a use tax.
Sharrock Dermott on Tuesday did what three of his predecessors on the Joplin Board of Education had been unable to do.
Jasper County voters have approved an extension of a current sales tax that will generate funds for a new courts building in Joplin and an expansion to the county jail.
Election results from each county will be posted here as they are made available. Polls closed at 7 p.m.
This Week's Circulars
LOCKWOOD, MO - Evelyn Thelma Kukal, 94, passed away Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Lockwood.
- UPDATE: Highway patrol releases identity of man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Make-A-Wish grants trips to three Carthage children in one assembly
- Bill Caldwell: Joplin was a linchpin in the Jefferson Highway
- Freezing rain expected overnight, complicating morning commute
- Joplin's Tash sets national prep football record
- As Neosho prepares to run IOOF cemetery, charges from embezzlement probe yet to be filed
- Drunken driver in fatality accident sent to prison
- Several Eagles join the MSHSAA record books
- Our view: The sound of silence should give lawmakers their cue on Amendment 1
- Historic rehab: Northeast Oklahoma man refurbishing Joplin building