"Smokey Mokes," played by Columbia Orchestra on Columbia 627 (recorded c. 1904). The machine is a Columbia Disc Graphophone AH (1902); this is the earliest version, with the off-center crank.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
CARTHAGE, MO - Stanley F. Moffett, 85, passed away Saturday, November 21, 2020. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Forest Park Cemetery, Joplin. Visitation 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Simpson Funeral Home, Webb City.
- UPDATED: Joplin approves mandatory mask ordinance in special meeting
- UPDATED: Joplin hospitals, health care providers ask for regional mask mandate
- Young entrepreneur running her own boutique
- In preparation for emergencies, Newton County to buy mobile morgue
- Former faculty members file whistleblower lawsuits against MSSU
- State of emergency extended as virus hits Missouri hospitals
- Joplin goes after United Airlines service
- Joplin man facing up to 10 years for 2019 rampage
- Coroner hopes Joplin woman will agree to legal disposition of husband's body
- UPDATED: Joplin council to consider another mask mandate