From staff reports
A pinning ceremony for nursing students graduating from Missouri Southern State University was held earlier this month.
Following a welcome by Grace Ayton, interim director/associate professor, department of nursing, and introductions by Richard J. McCallum, vice president of academic affairs, remarks were made by Missouri Southern President, Julio León. U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class Scott Sheridan presented the “Spirit of Nursing Award” to Amanda VanDaGriff of Joplin.
Patricia Hempsmyer, assistant professor, department of nursing and LeSha Goade, assistant professor, department of nursing, oversaw the pinning of the nursing graduates.
The spring 2006 nursing graduates were:
Carthage: Janine Byrd, Lorrie Gibson and Bradley Staggs.
Carl Junction: Michele Franklin, Denise Hoffman and Tara Lopez.
Golden City: Nicole Taylor.
Granby: Sareta Wall.
Joplin: Matthew Baker, Linda Ballew, Ashley Bates, Anastasia Beezely, Rachel Bemo, Carrie Cravens, Rebecca Crouch, Mark Kloeckener, Stephen Lanyon, Cindi Miller, Lori Morgan, Amanda Ragsdale, Vanessa Stephens, Kelly Thomas (RN), Michael Wardlow and Anna Wyman.
Lamar: Tracey Parker.
Monett: Margaret Ramsey (RN).
Neosho: Jennifer Cole, Jill Crupper and Jewelene Hightower.
Pierce City: Sarah Elbert.
Rocky Comfort: Natasha Nobharatana.
Sarcoxie: Karla Fenix.
Seneca: Tracy Lowry, Angie Sanders.
Webb City: Preston Myers, Jennifer Sommer, Deborah Turner, Melissa Turner and Alyssa Ansley.
From staff reports
This Week's Circulars
- Joplin police name shooting victims
- Carthage police respond to school threat; teen in custody
- 17-year-old girl testifies at Webb City man's sexual abuse trial
- Webb City man's child sexual abuse trial begins
- Wally Kennedy: Search for suitable property for HyVee continues
- Joplin Health Department food inspections (Oct. 11)
- Jasper County reports five COVID deaths
- 2 deaths under investigation by Joplin police
- Joplin reports 2 COVID-19 deaths
- Jury convicts Webb City man on 8 of 12 counts in sex abuse case