Center seeks blood donations
Blood donations will be collected at several sites this week by the Community Blood Center of the Ozarks.
The center has issued a code yellow alert for blood type O positive. There is less than a two-day supply of this blood type on hospital shelves.
Hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Southwest Missouri Bank, 801 S. Duquesne Road, Joplin; from noon to 4 p.m. at St. John’s Hospital, 500 Porter St., Aurora; from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Southwest Missouri Bank, 2417 S. Grand Ave., Carthage; from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at the Church of Christ, 302 E. Hospital Road, El Dorado Springs; and from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Taylor Community Building in Sarcoxie.
On Friday, hours will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mid-Missouri Bank, 2230 E. 32nd St., Joplin, and from 4 to 8 p.m. at Fairview Mennonite School, 29836 Highway HH, Fairview.
On Saturday, hours will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 1010 N. Madison St., Webb City.
Donations also are accepted at the Joplin Donor Center inside the main entrance to Northpark Mall, 101 N. Range Line Road. Hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To be eligible to give, you must weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health and present required identification.
Details: (800) 280-5337 or www.cbco.org.
Freeman offers support meetings
Several support-group meetings and classes for mothers have been scheduled by Freeman Health System.
• Today: Stroke support group, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., College View Manor, 3828 College View Drive. Free and open to the public. Details: FHS-1234.
Breastfeeding class, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., conference room at Freeman West, 1102 W. 32nd St. The class will teach basic techniques for mothers. Free for patients, but registration is required. Details: FHS-6667.
• Saturday: Prenatal class, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., conference room at Freeman West. Free for patients, but registration is required. Details: FHS-6667.
• Monday: Diabetes support group, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Freeman Business Center, 3220 S. McClelland. The monthly meeting is free and open to the public.
• Tuesday: Ostomy support group, 7 to 8 p.m. Conference Room 4E at Freeman East, 932 E. 34th St. Free and open to the public.
• Wednesday: Lung support group, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Freeman Heart Institute, 1102 W. 32nd St. Free and open to the public. Details: FHS-4026.
St. John’s to hold screenings
St. John’s Regional Medical Center will offer blood-pressure screenings from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at Health Connection in Northpark Mall.
The screenings are free and open to the public. No registration is required.
AA meeting set
WEBB CITY, Mo. — An Alcoholics Anonymous meeting is held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at Mount Hope Church, 2830 Mount Hope Road.
Those attending should use the third door on the left side of the church.
Center seeks blood donations