Bill Caldwell: Joplin's market house served area farmers

Joplin's city market building was opened at the end of May 1914. The $33,000 two-story building was the product of a campaign started by the Commercial Club and the South Joplin Booster Club. A $90,000 bond issue to purchase land and construct a building passed on Jan. 21, 1913. Credit | The Joplin Daily Globe, March 22, 1914