Do you know of a knock-your-stockings-off Christmas display at an area home? Or maybe an over-the-top holiday light show that would make Santa proud?
The Joplin Globe is looking for the best — and brightest — Christmas lighting and holiday displays for our readers, with one winning resident — to be determined by a panel of judges — to receive $100 from the contest's sponsor, Bill's Electric Inc., of Webb City.
All nominated residences will be posted on the Globe's website, joplinglobe.com, so readers can drive by and look at the displays. And as we receive entries, we'll feature them in the slideshow below.
• Any residence in the Globe's circulation area can enter, but businesses are not eligible.
• Readers may nominate a residence, but must have the resident's permission. The person who did the decorating is the one eligible for the prize.
• Residents must agree to have their lights on from 6 to 9 p.m. daily the week before Christmas (Dec. 18-24) for public viewing.
• Participants also must be willing to have their addresses appear online at joplinglobe.com so Globe readers can drive by and look, and they must be willing to appear in a feature story that will run in the paper at the end of the contest.
• Homes owned or decorated by employees of the Globe or Bill's Electric are not eligible.
• The contest begins today and runs through Thursday, Dec. 19. The winner will be announced online and in the paper on Sunday, Dec. 22.
HOW TO ENTER: Photos, along with the name, address and telephone number of the person living at the home, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit a maximum of two photos (no more than 10 mb combined).
This Week's Circulars
DUENWEG, MO - Leesa L. Harrison, 58, a home healthcare worker, passed away on Saturday, February 15, 2020. Private family services are planned for a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Ozark Memorial Park Crematory.
JOPLIN, MO - Merilee K. Padgett, age 68, a Registered Nurse, passed away on Friday, February 14, 2020. Services are planned for a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Ozark Memorial Park Crematory.
NEOSHO, MO - Sandra Lou Griffin, 78, a homemaker, passed away Sunday, February 16, 2020. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Clark Funeral Home, Neosho. Visitation 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
- Neighbors viewed David Ingle as a 'harmless' loner, but two Joplin officers say they feared for their lives
- Black vultures menacing Missouri's cattle
- Doc’s Stop location resurrects some features of full-service gas station
- Alba girls remembered for showing affection, friendship
- Health officials emphasize precautions against flu as cases continue to rise
- Area sending 61 wrestlers to state tournament
- Hixson out as Neosho girls basketball coach
- Webb City couple share story, secrets of 60-year marriage
- Truck driver pleads guilty to leaving accident that killed 8-year-old Joplin girl
- Joplin teen facing multiple felony counts in rampage case