From staff reports
Second-seeded Ozark Christian College and top-seeded Nebraska Christian opened the Midwest Christian Conference Volleyball Tournament with victories Thursday at the OCC gymnasium.
OCC, hiking its record to 14-19, defeated eighth-seeded Vennard 30-6, 30-9, 30-25, while defending champion Nebraska Christian downed seventh-seeded Barclay 30-21, 30-24, 30-14.
Katy Ekberg had 20 assists, five kills and as many aces, while Micah Fulsom had 12 kills and eight assists to pace OCC.
OCC will play the winner of Grace (seeded third) and Manhattan (4), the 10 a.m. contest that kicks off today's six-match schedule.
Other seeded squads in the eight-team tourney are Central Christian (5) and Calvary Bible (6).
The tournament will end Saturday.
Nebraska Christian scored the first goal of the game, but it was Ozark Christian netting the final seven as the Ambassadors rallied for a 7-1 victory in the first game of the Midwest Christian College Conference Tournament in Haviland, Kan.
OCC will play the winner of the Grace University-Barclay College contest today at 3 p.m.
Josiah Mahan assisted on OCC's first two goals by Abraham Godinez and Corey Williams. Tim Casey scored on an assist from Tim Head and Julio Cruz converted on a pass from Casey in the first half.
Mahan scored one minute into the second, Godinez scored his second goal with Williams assisting and Tim Fain scored on an assist from Muchengetwa Bgoni in the final minute.
The Ambassadors improved to 11-3 on the season.
From staff reports
CARTERVILLE, MO - Anthony Britton, 29, passed away Thursday, January 13, 2022. Celebration of life will be at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Ozark Memorial Park Crematory, Joplin.
ORONOGO, MO - Robert Guenzel, 61, a master auto technician, passed away Thursday, January 13, 2022. Celebration of life will be at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Ozark Memorial Park Crematory, Joplin.
- Wally Kennedy: Pizza Ranch makes progress in Joplin
- UPDATED: Joplin father charged with murder in shooting death of daughter
- UPDATE: Webb City, Pittsburg latest districts to close schools for illness
- Webb City adds COVID-19 testing sites in effort to keep up with rise in demand, cases
- Safe recovered behind restaurant leads to arrest in hotel burglary
- CDC director’s comment on COVID-19, comorbidities misrepresented
- More schools close; health care leaders plead for vaccinations as omicron spreads
- UPDATED: Joplin, more school districts announce Friday closures
- Joplin rolls past Branson behind Hafer's ferocious dunks
- Number of COVID-19 patients in Southwest Missouri hospitals continues to rise
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.